Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bremen Town Musicians

Since I have fallen in love with the idea of Plabric I have commissioned myself (for a silent auction) to make a child size rain coat and the image on the back is going to be the Bremen Town Musicians from the Grimm's Fairy Tales. I always liked the story as a little kid. I think what must have appealed, now that I have had to go back and re-read the story again, was that this hapless bunch were all going to be put to death by their owners and they all decided to get together and sing. How nice; what a nice ending.
-
So I have spent the last week working up a sketch of the Bremen Town Musicians so I have something to work from. Check out my artistic skills:

My goal was to start working on my plabric obsession this weekend but my husband has asked me to sew him up a new shirt for a renaissance type get together (SCA September Crown) that he will need for the week after next. Total sadness but I have been promised a make up weekend. Maybe I can play with my growing collection of bags on the weekday nights this upcoming week.

Anyway. I will keep you posted on how it goes. I have a lot of great ideas mulling around in my head on how to piece together logos, shapes, and colors of bags to get unique and very interesting designs when they all get melted together.

Ooooo and I have also found a great bag pattern I am going to start knitting with the plarn I have created so far. I'll also keep up to date images on that and will especially post pictures when I find the location it will need to be dropped off at.

I'm hoping to hear from some of you ogglers sometime soon. So far no one has emailed me; except I have gotten one comment which truly rocked my world because I still think this is a way cool idea, and I'm glad to have at least one supporter. I supposedly have had 107 people look at, and a bunch of people join, my map but no one is including pictures and it's defeating the purpose of the map. The purpose being that the map is supposed to show locations of where bags have been dropped off but no one is saying anything of the sort. I hope bags are being dropped off.

Anyway, I hope to hear from some of you creative peoples. Drop me a line some time! knitrevolution@gmail.com

1 comment:

joansy said...

That is a great drawing of the Bremen Musicians! Can I have a copy of your scan to turn into a stencil?

Also, if I knitted, I'd totally make a bag and drop it off somewhere. As it is, I shall just be a bagless supporter. :)